Thursday, October 06, 2005

News' Stance Amusing

While I am sure they would be loathe to admit it, The Buffalo News Editorial Board seems to be parroting the right's objections to Harriet Miers' nomination to the Supreme Court. I doubt, however, that they would have embraced any "braver" choice by the President (Owens, Estrada, Brown, etc.)

I have been paying attention, and I don't really feel like I know any less about Miers than I do about Roberts, and that is after the hearings. I am not concerned, as some elitists are, about which school awarded her degree.

We elected this President twice, and in accordance with the Constitution, he can nominate anyone he sees fit to the court. I trust him to pick someone who will follow the Constitution and not "legislate from the bench".

By the way it would be interesting to see how the News (and others) reacted to Kennedy naming his brother as Attorney General. My guess is he received less grief for his nepotism than Jimmy Griffin ever did...

No comments: